In the hot summer months, especially here in St. Louis, proper care for your jewelry is very important. In order to make sure your favorite pieces sparkle beautifully in the summer sun, follow these professional care tips!
**Repost from last summer, but I thought we should publish it again for anyone who missed it**
- Apply sunscreen before putting on your jewelry - sunscreen is corrosive and can make jewelry look terrible. Lotions and sprays adhere to diamonds and gemstones quite well, and will make them look dull and dingy.
- Don't wear jewelry to the beach or pool. Saltwater, sand, and chlorine can damage your jewelry, so its best to leave it home.
- Remove jewelry before doing any summer gardening or yard work. Dirt and rocks are highly abrasive and can scratch your jewelry and/or dull their polished look.
- When removing your jewelry, wipe it down with a damp cloth to remove any residue left behind from perspiration, cosmetics, sunscreen, insect repellants, etc., in order to reduce the potential for chemical erosion. Or better yet, use our at home jewelry cleaner. If you don't have one, just ask next time you are in the store!
- Always store jewelry out of direct sunlight and in an airtight environment when possible.
If your jewelry isn't sparkling in the summer sun like it should be, simply bring it by our store for complimentary professional cleaning!